Re: MOVIE REVIEW: K19: The Widowmaker

Subject: Re: MOVIE REVIEW: K19: The Widowmaker
From: "Randall Larson-Maynard" <RMAYNARD -at- INTERACTDEVICES -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:04:16 -0700

SNIP>
When one of the crewmembers
first sees that an important instrument is not working properly, he taps it
with his finger instead of referring to official written procedures. This
failure to consult the documentation early on will have fatal consequences
for some members of the crew.
SNIP>

Bawwwaaaaa HHHHHHhhahaahhhaHHHHHAhhahhahhahhahHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA (hiccup).

You made my morning! How many times do I tell my fellow workers as they
struggle with a problem, "Hey, let's see what the manual says to do." Reply:
"Hey, I'm an ENGINEEEEER (or fill in the position with some ego-centered
title that they bought )! I know how to do X. I don't...."

And we don't even deal with radiation.

--
Randall Larson-Maynard
Technical Publications Lead (ego-centered title I earned)

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com