Re: Acrobat Link Question

Subject: Re: Acrobat Link Question
From: Shlomo Perets <mtype -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:47:25 +0200

Sandra,

You wrote:

I have a document in Acrobat which is a Flowchart with linked definitions.

The flowchart is on one page and definitions are listed below. The problem
is when a user clicks on the definition link and goes to the definition
page, several definitions are listed, creating confusion as to which
definition they are reading. ...

Other than placing each definition in a separate page, you can:

- Take advantage of Acrobat's Continuous display mode (as opposed
to the Single Page mode), and specify it to be the default opening
mode), so that the link displays the specific target in the top left
corner of the page, scrolling the page as necessary automatically.
(This assumes that the link targets include location information)

- Use variable popups to display the definitions automatically
when specific areas in the flow chart are entered (without having
to switch to a different page).
The popups can be in a fixed location on the page, or placed relative
to the activating area.
See a demonstration of the different options at:
http://www.microtype.com/showcase/FormAsst/SP_RolloverPop_demo.pdf
(Acrobat/Reader 5.0 and higher required)

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants