Re: User's, Users, Users'

Subject: Re: User's, Users, Users'
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:39:19 -0700

hillc -at- ctcorp -dot- com wrote:
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
> I've had feedback from various sources who have all quoting me
> various grammatical rules as to why it should be User's, or
> Users, or Users'. Is there a standard? Is there a right way and
> wrong way?

Our titling guidelines call for "User's," on the theory
that only one person at a time is reading the guide. Even
though you are documenting games that may have a multi-
player environment, usually only one person is reading
the guide at a time.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.