Re: represented textually - urk

Subject: Re: represented textually - urk
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 05:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jane Carnall <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com> wrote:
> I don't like the phrase (it looks like unnecessary jargon) and it doesn't
> seem to be in sufficiently common use outside database-maven circles that
> means I have to use it. (The documentation is not aimed at database-mavens.)
> Would appreciate feedback on the phrase itself or any acceptable
> substitution.

My sympathies, Jane. "Represented textually" sounds like one of those crutch phrases
that seem to live forever. Without seeing some context, it is difficult for me to
suggest much in the way of alternate phrasing. One thing that comes to mind is to
simply drop the word 'textually' and say that the data is (are) represented (or even
presented), etc.

Not sure I've helped much, but I'll have some coffee and consider it further. How's
that? <g>

Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com Last Updated 08/18/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

Do You Yahoo!?

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

represented textually - urk: From: Jane Carnall