RE: Tools: PDF to SQL

Subject: RE: Tools: PDF to SQL
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:07:25 -0400

"Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com> wrote:

>2. We have 500+ pages of PDFs to integrate.
>3. The information is from a vendor who refuses to provide us the information in any form other than PDF.
>Given the volume of information tha has to be moved from PDF to Sql, we looking hard to find an automated process.
>Thanks everyone for all the suggestions so far. Any more ideas?
Yes. This is really bush league. Revisit the issue with the vendor. Offer to pay the vendor to move the data from their source (probably a database) to a medium that you can import directly (such as a CSV file). Kick it up to whatever negotiating level you have to, both at your company and at the vendor.

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com