RE: tech writer profile - a little OT

Subject: RE: tech writer profile - a little OT
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:42:45 -0400

Sean Hower wrote:

> I'm thinking about writing an article for my web site about
> the archetypal qualities of a technical writer. I basically
> want to make a profile/persona that describes:
> education
> interests/hobbies
> frame of mind
> likes/dislikes
> Hopes/dreams/asperations
> I was planning on making it a little tongue-and-cheek, but
> still informative.

How can you possibly overlook these things?

-- Cats or dogs?
-- Framemaker or Word?
-- Cola/coffee/tea or heathen non-caffeinated beverages?
-- Beer or scotch?
-- Favourite flavour of ice cream?
-- If there were ever a tech writer movie, which actor or actress would
portray you?

Cheers ... Kim
If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he
just buy dinner?
--one of the great unanswered questions of our generation

Get details and download free trial versions at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com