Re: Knowledge Management

Subject: Re: Knowledge Management
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:26:36 -0600

Brad wrote:

>You teach best what you most need to learn. When the teacher is
>ready, the students appear.
>Let's see, we go to church to listen to a person instruct us in
>spiritual things, that very frankly,
>they don't completely understand themselves.
>Then we go to seminars on stock market strategies and --- ditto.
>Then we go to therpists --- ditto.
>Then we go to knowledge management consultants and --- ditto.
>It does seem that a three-hype seminar is a little bit too much.
>Or maybe they could pile it on, add VOIP, wireless internet,
>and lunar exploration.

I really hope that a therapist didn't just poll an Internet message board
with a "what is therapy?" query a couple weeks before treating a
potentially suicidal patient.

There's "not fully understanding" and then there's "not having a clue."

Then there's (gasp!) "I've actually done this for a living and here's
what's worked for me" - THOSE are the people whose seminars *I* prefer to
attend.

-Keith Cronin
gearing up to teach my upcoming "Quantum Physics for Dummies" seminar, but
first planning to watch a couple episodes of "Quantum Leap." You know, to
make sure I have a good foundation.

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com