RE: corrupt word file

Subject: RE: corrupt word file
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

John Posada wrote:
Without making any other changes, what happens if you save the .doc as an .rtf, then open the .rtf and resave it as the .doc writing over the old version?

I tried that, didn't work.

I also tried clearing out all of my tmp files, opening the doc and saving it as a different file, still got the error.

I just now got rid of one of the numbering schemes (if you all recall, I had that macro numbering scheme going on). Didn't work at all. :-(

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com