RE: What's the significance of a draft

Subject: RE: What's the significance of a draft
From: Anita Legsdin <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:46:31 -0700

In the initial draft, I always insert a comment next to information I'm not
certain about. Comments are in parentheses, marked as "Comment", surrounded
by a few asterisks. Then, when I print it out and give to the developers,
they immediately see my questions and (mostly) respond to them. Since I've
switched to this practice, I've had much more success getting questions
answered. I work in Frame, so I mark the comment with conditional text
("Comment") so that I can either show it, or hide it.

On Friday, September 06, 2002 11:01 PM, Susan Gallagher wrote:

When you know that information is incorrect in a document,
do you mark it as such or let it blend in with the good info?

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135

"To flatter and follow others, without being flattered and followed in
turn, is but a state of half enjoyment."
--Jane Austen, Persuasion

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com