RE: corrupt word file

Subject: RE: corrupt word file
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:42:22 -0600

Anita Legsdin, who privately (but rightfully so) scorned me for not putting
a ? at the end of my ?, wrote:

> How I dealt with that kind of person in a previous job: deliberately put
> one or two mistakes in the draft, to divert his attention. He was
delighted
> to catch me making an error, and I was delighted to have my manuscript
> returned relatively intact. (Have I mentioned I have Scorpio--a.k.a.
> devious manipulator--strong in my chart?)

I call this the 5 or 10% fluff (the mistakes) that reviewers love to find.
Perhaps it justifies their existence in life. No matter how many times you
tell them, "Please review this for content, it has not been edited yet" they
still love to find a missing period or dwell on something trivial. For some
it is second nature to use the red pen, for others, they don't understand
how to review the content.

I received some comments yesterday, 44 to be exact, suggesting some changes
to my preliminary draft. Funny enough, about 65% of the suggestion are in
direct violation of the specification set forth. It isn't because the
reviewer thinks it would be better to deviate from the spec, it is because
he hasn't read the spec.

Justin...
"Who has no problem deviating from the path when given prior written and
oral consent and has a permission slip from his doctor or mom." j/k.

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com