RE: Wise to Use PowerPoint to Create Image Files?

Subject: RE: Wise to Use PowerPoint to Create Image Files?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:00:26 +0100

Hi,
I can't really think of any pros for using PowerPoint in this way,
except maybe that you can import files from a variety of other formats,
but if you're making images from Word or Excel, you're on your own.

My advice is to use PowerPoint for what it's made for and employ some
other software to create image files. You don't really indicate what
sort of image files you want to create--screenshots, diagrams, etc. Off
the top of my head, the cons of using PowerPoint for creating image
files are:

* I don't think you can modify the resolution of the image.
* It lacks genuine support for layers. Sure, you can move one thing
behind another, but there's no layer management functionality.
* There's no bitmap editing.

Thanks. DB.

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com