Re: Missing Header In word

Subject: Re: Missing Header In word
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:29:50 -0600

> I am working on an inherited document which had alot
> of styles and formats. Whatever the reason, the
> header disappeared from the document and I cant find
> it or get back no matter what I do, which is not too
> much...
>
> has anyone encountered this problem and if so how did
> you fix it.......

If you have an older version of the document, copy the header information
from it, and paste it into your newer version. If you didn't save an older
version of it, see if it's still living in anybody's e-mail programs, if
you've sent the doc back and forth.

If the document has several sections, check to see how each section treats
the header and footer info. If each subsequent section is set to "same as
previous," you'll only need to insert the info into the first section.

Headers and footers are a tricky feature in Word - it's worth it to spend
some time learning how they work, then such occurrences will be far less
mysterious. A Woody Leonhard book or a Que reference book would be a good
investment. Good luck!

-Keith Cronin

Technical writers have a way with Word.
- Kim Roper

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com