RE: Orwellian Job Title

Subject: RE: Orwellian Job Title
From: "Sella Rush" <srush -at- MusicNet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:41:20 -0700

I've wondered if the Rob Lowe character on The West Wing has incited more interest in being a speech writer. I also have recently considered it more intriguing.

I'll never forget the opening scene of a past episode where the president is supposed to make a speech about the first Mars landing to an audience of schoolchildren, and some hapless tech writer has written some exceedingly dry text about what's supposed to happen. Lowe's character takes over and does his magic. The tech writer, who was probably thrilled that the president was going to say his words to the whole nation--his words in the history books, his face falls and he says "you'll run your changes by me first, though, right?" Sam says, "Ah...no."

Sella Rush
Tech Writer III
MusicNet....the preferred premium online music service
(206) 269-6115 Direct
srush -at- musicnet -dot- com

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com