Re: Term used for Wizard pages/panels/windows

Subject: Re: Term used for Wizard pages/panels/windows
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:15:02 -0600

Madelyn wrote:

> I am looking for feedback on the term used by other writers to refer to =
> the individual pages/panels/screens/windows (whatever-ya-call'em!) in a =
> Wizard.
> I've seen Panel, Window, and Screen--and some remarkably skilled =
> avoidance at calling them anything at all.

Wow, you're right - even the MS MSTP manages to avoid telling us. But I
think "screens" is your best bet.

"Pages" (according to MSTP) refer to *Web* pages, and the term "panel"
doesn't seem to be used at all.

Have you tried pulling up a multi-screen Wizard in some Microsoft product,
to see how they direct you from one part to another? That might be a good
model to follow...

Keith Cronin

Until you finish writing the Adobe Manual of Style, quit complaining about
the Microsoft Manual of Style and get back to work, you.

Experience RoboHelp X3! This new RoboHelp release combines single sourcing,
print-quality documentation, conditional text and much more, into the most
monumental release of RoboHelp ever!

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations:

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Re: size of screenshot
Next by Author: Re: "Grammar Stinks."
Previous by Thread: Term used for Wizard pages/panels/windows
Next by Thread: Found this Adobe promo on the Indexer-L

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads