Re: screen pasting

Subject: Re: screen pasting
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:34:55 +1000

Maggie Secara wrote:

Well ok, the thing is, when you paste directly, "Float
over text" is checked. When you Insert from file,
it's not. The aggravation saved is alone worth the
price of admittance.

Not necessarily. Depends on the version of Word, which service pack is installed, and possibly the phases of the moon <grin>. I can paste a graphic directly into Word and get it inline, not floated over, in Word 2000, and I know several people who can do the same in Word97, although in my copy of Word97 pasting a graphic does what you said.

Also, when you save the screenshot in your graphic
program, you can control the size and adjust the
colors, and all sorts of other things you can't do in
Word.

Very true.

--- Beena V Katekar <Beena -dot- Katekar -at- kshema -dot- com> wrote:
> How about directly pasting the screenshoots in Word
> files than inserting?
> what problem can shoot up?
> Beena

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com