Displaying Front Panel in the Manual

Subject: Displaying Front Panel in the Manual
From: "Bhuvnesh Jain" <techondater -at- datainfosys -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:46:24 +0530

Hi,

I am writing manual for a electrical product and I want to give a
feeling of our front panel in the manual. I can give a photograph of the
front panel and can discribe each control like push button and relays
etc or can create figure with wmf images. Which you think may be the
best from user perspective ??

Quality of photograph always irritates me and that's why I want to
represent front panel with wmf image but some people in my oragnisation
argue that it is always good to give photgraph when giving control
details.

Please also suggest a site from where I can dowmload wmf images of
various electronic and electrical control and accessories.

Thanks/ Bhuvnesh Jain

"technology takes over"
Techon Dater Systems Pvt Ltd
D-2, Kalaji Goraji Near PNB
Udaipur-313001 INDIA
Phone 0091-294-420066, 529476

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com