FOLDOC

Subject: FOLDOC
From: tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:17:02 -0400

From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 04:52:07 -0700 (PDT):

On a related note, the first place *I* checked was FOLDOC, which I've always
found
to be a reliable source. However, the URI I have always used returned a 403,
Access
Forbidden message! So, I googled FOLDOC and found that the first two hits on
their
list also returned 403s. I think it was the wombat mirror site that finally
responded. Anybody know what's up with FOLDOC? I've always found that a
useful
resource for computer, internet, electronics terminology.

Tom,
The URL in my Favorites also stopped working when I checked it this week. I
did a GOOGLE and had the same results as you. I did find this site
http://www.nightflight.com/foldoc/ and it had this to say:
www.foldoc.org
2000-07-18 At last FOLDOC has its own domain name: www.foldoc.org. Thanks to
Karl O. Pinc for arranging and sponsoring this on his own initiative and for
no personal gain - a True Hero of the Net. This name, foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk ,
and wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk now all point to the same server.
But, as you find out when you click any of these links, they don't work.

Anthony Virostko
IT Technical Writer
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
Ext. 3479

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

NOTE:
This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com