RE: Web site on multimedia glossary (related to graphics)

Subject: RE: Web site on multimedia glossary (related to graphics)
From: "Fiona Hurley" <fiona -dot- hurley -at- gtnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:24:36 +0100

I assumed that anyone on this list can use google. Therefore, I interpreted
the original request as one for web sites that people have *personally*
found useful, rather than a request for a google search.

Web searches are useful to a point, but recommendations from knowledgeable
people are better. For example, recent recommendations on this list have
caused me to add FOLDOC to my Favorites list. I would be unlikely to find
such a resource from google, and if I did there would be nothing to make it
stand out from other online computer dictionaries.

Perhaps anyone making such a request in future should add the following
codicil:
"I am not asking you to perform a web search for me. I am perfectly capable
of doing that myself. However, if you have actually USED such a web site and
can RECOMMEND it, please do. Otherwise, ignore this. Thank you."

> It took more work to type your posting than it would have to run your own
> google search. Now you'll expend still more energy dealing with
> the flames.

This email (and any attachment) is private and confidential. If you were
not meant to receive it, please delete it and tell us by phone or email.
Although we scan all email and attachments we do not accept responsibility
for viruses.

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com