how to shrink multi-page xl spreadsheet

Subject: how to shrink multi-page xl spreadsheet
From: peter -dot- beves -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:02:16 -0600

I'm trying to take an excel spreadsheet (900 cells) and get it into some
form I can import into other docs as a single sheet.

I've tried copy/paste into Paint and resizing (destroys the type),
converting to pdf in excel (pdf converter barfs), printing to file and
distilling with Acrobat Distiller (Distiller won't have anything to do
with the .prn file), copying directly into Word (the 900 cells cover about
6 8.5x11 pages and only one page shows up in the paste eventhough the copy
is for the entire 900 cells), tried condensing the spreadsheets in excel
using page set up, even sprinkled some *No*Proboleum* on my machine. No
success. No joy.

Could be this is an idea worth dropping. Or, could be some magician out
there knows how to make it work.

Any suggestions or votes to abandon ship?

Peter

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com