Open-Type fonts

Subject: Open-Type fonts
From: Stephanie -dot- Seveska -at- abbott -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:50:09 -0500

Good Friday morning everybody!

Have any of you out there worked with Open Type fonts? My team Often creates
documents in translations, sometimes ten to twenty different
versions/languages, and I have been put in charge to finding out if Open Type
fonts are the way to go. I have looked on both the MS and Adobe websites, but
still wanted to get opinions or feedback from any of you that currently work
or have worked with these. I also have a few questions:

1. Do these work with True Type fonts? i.e., are they housed, used and stored
the same way?
2. Can you have one document with True Type fonts and Open Type fonts
simultaneously?
3. Can you offer any opinions, help or advice?

Like I said, I have been put in charge of researching how effective these
fonts would be for our documentation. I am still relatively new here (8 months
now) and a contractor, so I don't want to give poor advice or cost the company
money that isn't necessary. I've only been in the work-force for a few years
and don't know too much about fonts, so any help is greatly appreciated. If
any one needs more information, let me know.

Thanks so much!
Anne Seveska

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com