Re: Mid-life Career change

Subject: Re: Mid-life Career change
From: Bil Gladstone <admin -at- bcnexus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:45:29 -0700

Keith,

Thanks for your reply. I'll have to put some more thought into
how to reach the appropriate individuals in the firms I contact.

And as for the questionnaire, I got off-list replies from several
other kind folks who volunteered, so here it is. The form leaves
only a small space for answers, so they're not expecting
paragraphs of information - even "yes" or "no" answers are
acceptable. But feel free to answer as you like!

Name:
Title:
Company Name:
-------------------------------
1. How long have you worked in this position:

2. What are the duties and responsibilities of this position?

3. Did you receive on-the-job training?

4. Did you attend training to become skilled in this position?

5. If you had your career to start over again, would you do
anything differently?

6. Are there opportunities for advancement in your job?

7. What is the current starting wage for your position?

8. What do you enjoy most, and least about your job?

9. Can you recommend books or other types of resources that I can
study about your position and industry?

-------------------------------
Other comments:

I really appreciate the generous community in this forum. Thanks
for any and all replies.
Again, if you want not to waste the forum's bandwidth
mailto:writer -at- bcnexus -dot- com

Regards,
Bil Gladstone,
Canadian type and happy to be so ;-}

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com