Re: Should a PDF include "Printed in Country" phrase ?

Subject: Re: Should a PDF include "Printed in Country" phrase ?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:45:12 -0400

It may well be that she can strip it out of the doc, but *I* wouldn't do it
without checking with the lawyers. At PTC, that page is *untouchable*
without a legal department directive to change it. You cannot lose anything
by double-checking with the lawyers. Maybe I'm full of hooey and they'll
laugh at her. I told her privately that that might be the case, but that if
I were faced with this question, I would let them tell me it's okay. (Talk
about Pavlovian response!)

Bonnie Granat
http://www.editors-writers.info

I dunno about this . . . what if you're an Italian company, the book is
authored in the U.S. subsidiary by someone from Zaire, and the book is
printed in Singapore with ink from India and paper from Canada? No
wonder lawyers have so much of the wealth . . .. LOL!

And, then throw into the mix that the PDF is printed but not on paper
and published electronically . . . via the Internet. Wow.

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com