RE: Help me find the right tool

Subject: RE: Help me find the right tool
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:24:18 -0400

Selene,

My group has been using Dreamweaver to create our Help system for almost two
years. We wouldn't go back to HATs without a lot of kicking and screaming. I
think DW is a great tool for developing Help, but you need to make sure you
have set it up appropriately and are using the features in the most
efficient manner.

I strongly recommend that you try and attend one of Ben Weisner's seminars
(www.weisner.com) as he explains exactly how to set up and use DW to create
and maintain Help.

I don't really understand the issues surrounding updating text or graphics
... If you use DW's Library feature, you can create a library item once, and
copy it (via drag and drop) into any number of files. When you subsequently
update the contents of the Library item, it will update each instance in all
of the other files.

I'll be glad to try an answer other questions off line, and I'll be out of
the office after today until Wednesday the 9th.

Regards,

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager
IDe, Concord, MA
978-402-2907
jgarison -at- ide -dot- com

AUTHORINGTOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on upgrades.
Offer ends Oct 31, 02 (code: DTH102250). http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com