Unusual type

Subject: Unusual type
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:00:52 -0400

Warning: Please don't try accessing the Web site described below at work
unless your boss is quite liberal. I don't consider there to be anything
wrong with the site, but please be aware that not everyone is quite as
open-minded as we are. (Okay, I presume too much... let's make that "as open
minded as _I_ am".) I consider this site tame by modern standards, but
you've been warned!

I received the following note from a colleague, and since we writers and
editors often end up in long discussions of the merits of various
typographic forms, I thought I'd pass it along. The tie-in to our work is
obvious: we complain that not enough people are reading our books and
instruction manuals. So here's some typographic information that will
perhaps grab the reader's attention.
= -at- 8^{)}

The er*tics of type
-------------------
[replaced o and one e with an * to get past those insane e-mail filters so
many of us must endure!]
Here's an unusual site that many of you will love. It's a look at the
fabulous, little-known art of typeface design using er*tic imagery. It's
replete with numerous illustrations spanning the centuries. You'll learn
about how typographers have used the alphabet to show the er*tic -- from
c*pulating letters to symbolic and naturalistic representations that get the
s*xual point across. Check it out: http://www.xs4all.nl/~maxb/erotype.html

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful
than a life spent doing nothing."--George Bernard Shaw

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com