Question to ask

Subject: Question to ask
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:18:00 -0400

Hi Folks,
I'm glad I found this list. I've only been a tech writer for 3 years since
I took this job. I didn't know the software, but had electronics background
so.....

Regarding what to ask an interviewer, all the suggestions I've seen are
excellent but one is missing. The question that seems to have clinched it
for me was "How do you generate sales and what're your long term goals for
this company". This made it obvious to the company owners, that I was
interested in the long term and didn't want to join a Fly-By-Night company.
Everything else you all mentioned like software, hardware, keyboards, mice,
lunches etc. can come later. Heck they were using Quark on a PC here which
is far from optimum. I've just convinced my boss to get me a Powermac G4.
So I think tools, environment etc. are secondary to where the company's
headed and it's stability. That to me was primary.

Thank you all for the great information. I'm gleaning a lot. "Read" you
later.

Dan Gallagher--Ft. Lauderdale

Sean--You should like this one;
The oaks can't help their feeling, because they like the way they're made,
and they wonder why the maples can't be happy in their shade.
So the trees were all kept equal, by hatchet, axe and saw......

Long live Peart!

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com