Re: senior writer promotion

Subject: Re: senior writer promotion
From: "Jo Francis Byrd" <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:45:55 -0500

In my case, it's self-assigned. I'm a contractor/consultant (and, yes,
sometimes it does feel like I'm peddling snake oil!), and I wanted more
money. Looked at what I'd done, decided I warranted senior status. Sometimes
I'm a Lead Technical Writer, sometimes I'm a Senior Technical Writer, and
sometimes I'm a Consultant. Whatever pays me the most.

Right now, I'm just an "ordinary" tech writer. The rate sucks, but it beats
the hell outta no rate, and I'm getting to learn another tool, do something
I've not done before, and it keeps my skills honed until the economy gets
better.

The color of money is green, and I'm not asked to do anything dishonest or
unethical. Or stupid, for that matter.

Jo Byrd