Re: Yahoo has no staff tech writers

Subject: Re: Yahoo has no staff tech writers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- &#34;Susan W. Gallagher&#34; &lt;sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Your observation, IMO, is spot-on. In technical terms &lt;g&gt;,
&gt; Andrew presents himself as a theory x manager in a largely
&gt; theory y industry. If he's ever heard of Maslow's Hierarchy
&gt; of Needs, he apparently dismissed it as sheer drivel. ;-)

I think there is a logical flaw or disconnect in the above. Andrew may be a theory x
manager in a theory y industry (or universe, for that matter), but I doubt he's
dismissed Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as drivel. Andrew represents Andrew's
hierarchy of needs. Someone else's needs are immaterial to someone like that. He's
only interested in satisfying his needs.

And what's the problem with that? Life is not fair. Andrew's point of view,
regardless of how you or I personally feel about it, is hardly unique. Being
self-centered works for an awful lot of people. Insisting that all the focus be on
the good of the business, without regard for the good of the individuals who make up
that business is as old a business itself, probably older.

Say what you will, in a world that has its share of hypocrisy , no one can say they
don't know where Andrew stands or what is important to him. I would bet anything
that he's working his way right up the pyramid of needs.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 08/30/02
--"Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another."
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary--

http://faith.yahoo.com

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com