Re: Yahoo has no staff tech writers

Subject: Re: Yahoo has no staff tech writers
From: rbilbao -at- us -dot- amadeus -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:03:50 -0400

Bruce said:
For example, I am not very worried about George Bush's pronounication of
"nuclear." It's a very common deviation from Standard English, and
widely enough used that I know what he means. In fact, he may even use
it consciously to cultivate a sense that he is one of the people.

I'm far more concerned with the fact that he frequently ends his
sentences with a different thought than he started with. Instead of
being a largely cosmetic error as his pronounication of "nuclear" is,
this habit directly suggests a lack of organized thought. In other
words, it's the contents,not the presentation that I think we should
worry about.

I second that! I'll admit I'm the first to rag on Bush because he clearly has
communication problems (or is it, he has clear communication problems?) However,
I read a good explanation of why he says nuclear the way he does, and it's
actually in the dictionary as well. This explanation brought me to the same
point Bruce is trying to make, about focusing on the content rather than
presentation and I'm trying to practice that. Sadly, it hasn't changed my
opinion of our prez one bit.

Why does Bush go "nucular"?: http://slate.com/?id=2071155
Dictionary.com's entry for nuclear: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=nuclear

:o)

This email message and information contained in or attached to this message
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient any retransmission, dissemination, printing or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. This footnote also
confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses. Thank you.

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com