RE: Priorities (was RE: Yahoo has no staff tech writers)

Subject: RE: Priorities (was RE: Yahoo has no staff tech writers)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:11:58 -0400

>The issue is that nobody ever gets to the C items using your approach.

First, let me say that I attempted this response three times before this,
before I was able to phrase the way I felt. We've tangled on this grammar
issue before.

Ideally...90% of the grammar is addressed at the time of writing, while most
of everything else is happening. The trick is to get as much lower priority
stuff in while you have the ability to do so.

But...there comes as time, at the end, when triage comes into play.

I have enough time to do 2 things...what 2 do I choose. It may be me, but
I'm not going to take ANY time away from accuracy and deadline so that I can
correct some grammar. At a certain point, I only have two hands...it may be
a wrong approach, but it is mine.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com