Survey of Tech Writing Personality Types

Subject: Survey of Tech Writing Personality Types
From: "Andrew T. Brooke" <abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:17:57 -0400

I'm a tech writer who's conducing an informal survey of other tech writers
to determine, what personality types, if any, may be dominant in our
profession.

This survey is based on the Briggs-Myers test, in which you determine which
one of 16 basic personality types you are.

If you wish to participate in this simple survey, please first read the page
on this website to correctly determine your basic personality type:
http://www.socionics.com/main/types.htm

The types are:
1. Introverted OR Extraverted (I or E)
2. iNtuitive OR Sensing (N or S)
3. Thinking OR Feeling (T or F)
4. Perceiving OR Judging (P or J)

Once you have read and understood the main types *from the website above*,
and decided which you are of each, you will have a four letter combination
that indicates your personality type, which will be one of:

ENTP ISFP ESFJ INTJ ENFJ ISTJ ESTP INFP ESFP INTP ENTJ ISFJ ESTJ INFJ ENFP
ISTP

To participate:
1. Please EMAIL me DIRECTLY (NO PUBLIC POSTINGS, please!) your 4 letter type
to: abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com

2. Please state whether you are a manager/team leader or not. That is, do
you manage other tech writers or not?

Thanks in advance to those who are participate! I will post the results
after I have tabulated them. All entries are strictly confidential - only
the totals will be published.

FYI - other sites about personality type are:

http://typelogic.com/faq.html
http://www.personalitypage.com/four-prefs.html

Andrew T. Brooke
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Email: abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com
Web: http://www.compuquick-consulting.com/techwriting

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com