Finding code comments in C#, C++, and others, plus AutoDuck

Subject: Finding code comments in C#, C++, and others, plus AutoDuck
From: "McCarney, James Alexander" <James -dot- Alexander -dot- McCarney -at- Cognicase -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:02:28 -0400

Hi Shelley,

I wrote a small script in Python that does this very thing for HTML tags...
It should be fairly trivial to condition it to look for code comments. It
matches patterns based on regular expressions. To run it you need to
download Python, which can be found at http://www.python.org/

If you would like me to send my code, I would be happy to oblige.

There is also AutoDuck, which you can find at
http://www.helpmaster.com/hlp-developmentaids-autoduck.htm

James Alexander McCarney, technical writer, (450) 928-3386 x2262
COGNICASE-M3i http://www.m3isystems.com
mailto:James -dot- Alexander -dot- McCarney -at- Cognicase -dot- com
1111 Saint-Charles Avenue West, 11th Floor, East Tower, Longueuil, Quebec,
J4K 5G4 Canada

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com