RE: Big bucks in tech writing

Subject: RE: Big bucks in tech writing
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:08:09 -0700

I do not intend to be in this field for the rest of my life. I like writing
about technology, I enjoy learning all the time, but I am heading towards
burnout. I am tired of the unrealistic timeframes, of unreasonable clients
who refuse in writing to tell you about the product because if they do, then
you will know (true!!! just happened to us), I am just starting to be tired
of all of it. It is not as fun as it used to be. Parts are still fun, but
overall, it is just not that fun anymore. And I have to have passion/fun for
what I do - else, why do it?

I do want to write and am working towards being a syndicated columnist in
the next 5 or so years. Still problems, but at least they will be different
sorts of problems. And I won't have to hear about how the secretary could do
this too, you know. I think.

For an example of what I am writing, go to
http://www.latimes.com/la-ivo-guest19oct19,0,4595143.story. Guest columnist
in the LA Times. It is a start and I am very very pleased. No money, but
still very very pleased. I did the Happy Dog dance when it was accepted. I
didn't bark, though.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting