RE: Dumb warnings

Subject: RE: Dumb warnings
From: "Genevieve Roberts" <gen -at- qrtz -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:55:34 -0800

I like to joke that the reason I became a technical writer is that when I
was 15 my mother bought a water-pik for six daughters, all between 12 and
20, and all in braces. She watched in annoyance as well all dissolved into
helpless, self-reinforcing and rolling-on-the-floor mirth when we crowded
into the bathroom to help her install it on a wall-hanger that came with it,
and read the first line of the directions: "Mount your unit to the wall and
screw it in."

I don't know what that has to do with dumb warnings, but it makes me laugh
every time I think about it.