Fonts, and more fonts <PC to MAC>

Subject: Fonts, and more fonts <PC to MAC>
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:38:21 -0500

Hi folks,
PC to MAC person here. I create pretty large technical publications (system
manuals) about fiber optic and power line carrier communication products.

I just made my first proof from the MAC. It came out good except for the
lack of wingdings on this MAC.

Any suggestions are appreciated. On one page we have a test procedure that
the customer uses in configuration of equipment. The test procedure has
little empty boxes to "X" or check. But some of the boxes need an X in them
already indicating to not do this particular step. Well in a time crunch, I
couldn't find a font with a box with an X in it. So I just put a
Zapfdingbat X there. I wish I could've found a font with an X'd box. Nobody
will probably notice this, but I know it's there. Personally I wonder if
anyone ever looks at these fat books anyway but that's another story
altogether.

Thanks a lot for all the help folks. I appreciate those who helped me learn
how to compare .pdf's. Isn't it strange that it's becoming acceptable to
use "apostrophe s" for some plurals? But how else would you pluralize .pdf,
pc or ibm?

<End rant>

Dan--Ft. Lauderdale

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com