Re: Warnings

Subject: Re: Warnings
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:26:43 -0500

<<I find it hardly credible that, to take one famous example, a woman buying
coffee at McDonalds really didn't expect it to be hot.>>

Before this goes any further and we start slinging various other urban myths and
misconceptions around (Twinkie Defense anyone?), check out:
www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm
lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
www.consumerrights.net/mcdonalds.html
www.urbanlegends.com/afu/snide/ 1994/mcdonalds_coffee.html

Which are just the first pages found with a Google search on 'mcdonalds coffee'.
There are many, many more along with numerous uninformed rants about the case
that have failed to read the more informed facts of the case.

Eric L. Dunn

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com