RE: outsourcing technical communication

Subject: RE: outsourcing technical communication
From: Chris <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:15:41 +0100

I thought I would add this... Looking at the Pivotal web page I notice it presents the following languages:

French
Deutch
Japanese
Espagnol
Hebrew

Judging by the consistency of this list, I would ask whether it was compiled by an outsource source. Or maybe an outsource source would have done better, having greater sensitivity to international issues. Either use all lower ASCII and stick to the English spellings of the languages, or use the proper spellings for all. (I believe Nihongo works because it qualifies as a Romaji form of the word. And I have no idea how to treat Hebrew in this context.) But I really like their Italian way to spell the Spanish "enye" (n-with-tilde) - creative, even if it's politically incorrect. Here are the two alternatives I would suggest (assuming the higher characters come across):

Français French
Deutch German
Nihongo Japanese
Español Spanish
Hebrew (??) Hebrew

--
Chris Despopoulos, maker of CudSpan Freeware...
Plugins to Enhance FrameMaker & FrameMaker+SGML

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com