RE: STC Letter to the Editor

Subject: RE: STC Letter to the Editor
From: Shea Michael EXT <Michael -dot- Shea -dot- extern -at- icn -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:38:04 +0100

Of course this is minutia as well. I was merely trying to make the point that content does not guarantee a good document. If I ask you how to spell cinamon and you e-mail me /usr/dict/words, your delivery has been technically accurate but useless in its presentation.

You can also do the same with structure and format. Spend to much time on those and you might render your document unusable or not have enough time to properly develop your content.

Can we agree that this debate does not need to be so black-and-white? Content, structure, and presentation all have value. You cannot have a successful document if you neglect any of them.

-Michael Shea