RE: Where do you spend your time? (was RE: STC Letter to the Edit or)

Subject: RE: Where do you spend your time? (was RE: STC Letter to the Edit or)
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:31:18 -0500

[...]
> Rough numbers for this product:
>
> Learn product: 40%
> Write: 40%
> Edit: 20%
>
> I consider structure part of the writing process, and we have
> a department template so I spend 0 time on fonts and styles.
> I do have a hard time mentally separating writing and
> editing, particularly since first drafts are often missing
> large sections about features that haven't been coded or even
> reliably spec'ed. :-)

Hey! Except for the "we have a department", part,
you could be me (well, ok, better lookin', but...).

I edit on-the-fly, because I almost never have time
to perform an official edit pass before the product
is due to be booted out the door.

Occasioally, I can visit stuff after it has shipped,
and make editorial changes that I hope to be able
to include for the next release.

That is, unless there's a font that cries out for
fondling...

/kevin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com