RE: MS Manual of Style for Tech Pubs?

Subject: RE: MS Manual of Style for Tech Pubs?
From: "Nolder, Kimberley" <Kimberley_Nolder -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:16:07 -0500

I found this as I was looking at sessions for the next WinWriters
conference. Looks like there will be a new version early next year.

What's New with the Microsoft Manual of Style
Wednesday
Jim Purcell <http://www.winwriters.com/ohc03/spkr_A_Z.htm>, Microsoft
Corporation
1:30 - 2:45 pm
The Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP) is the style
guide for content developers at Microsoft. Since Microsoft Press began
publishing MSTP, it has become an essential desk reference for writers and
editors in the software industry. On the eve of a new print edition of the
manual, Jim Purcell, lead editor for Content Strategy and Standards at
Microsoft, talks about what's new and what's different in the new edition.
He will also talk about what's involved in updating a guide that is in such
wide use, and how you can get the most out of MSTP, even if you don't work
at Microsoft.

YOU WILL LEARN

· Why you need a style guide, even if you're working in a small department.
· How MSTP can complement your company's style guide.
· How Microsoft editorial style and MSTP evolves.
· What is new and different in the updated MSTP.