Re: Improving images (not screen captures) in my PDF?

Subject: Re: Improving images (not screen captures) in my PDF?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:06:52 -0700

> Hello everyone!
>
> Some background...I create the forms in Word 2000 and then create a PDF =
> of each using Acrobat 4.0. A graphic designer scans the PDF and saves =
> the image as a 'tif' file. I insert the tif into my Word (2000) =
> document (the manual). I can read the form (when the final manual is =
> PDF'd), but it's just not the quality I'd like. Also, the tif file =
> sizes are huge (4,000 - 8,000 KB). Is there something I can do on my =
> end to get clearer images (using the Word document of the form), or does =
> the refinement have to come from the graphic designer (using my PDF of =
> the form)?=20

I must be missing something - why are you adding all these steps? You
start out and end up in Word, so why bother making the form a graphic at
all? Why not just stay in Word the whole time? Then you can make a PDF of
your final document, which will treat the form as TEXT as opposed to a
graphic.

puzzled (not an unusual state of mind for me),
Keith Cronin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com