broken links in RoboHelp

Subject: broken links in RoboHelp
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:06:52 -0800 (PST)

Hey all, this is a RoboHelp observation/request for further info:

We've noticed that if you create a link in RoboHelp, then change the Style of the link in word (for example from BulletList to Body Text) the link doesn't work when you compile the help project. What you get in the help project looks like this:

Link to Target Topic*This_is_the_Target_Topic

Simple enough to avoid this problem, don't change the Style in Word once a link is created. HOWEVER, does anyone know of other actions in Word that break a link in this fashion? I'm wondering because we have a help project in whch the links are broken in this way and we want to make sure the broken links were caused by something else.

These are all internal jumps.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com