Placing TOC Entries into Separte Hyperlinked Table Cells to Show Links Between Processes

Subject: Placing TOC Entries into Separte Hyperlinked Table Cells to Show Links Between Processes
From: "Andrew Deutsch" <a -dot- deutsch -at- aramiska -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:13:56 +0100

Hi,

Is there an easy way I can take the TOC lines (or even Tab-separated items)
and place them in a Table as hyperlinks in separate cells?
I need to build a table with hyperlinks to heading numbers and heading text
to show interactions between different processes in a company.
Each Heading is a Process (Level 1-4) and is manually replicated in a
Process Flowchart. Is there any way to automate this?

For example:

TOC
====
1 --> H1 Text A
1.1 --> H2 Text B
2 --> H1 Text C
2.1 --> H2 Text D

These 8 items would become separate hyperlinked items in separate table
cells:

TABLE
ID Step/Name Level To other Processes From other processes
1 H1 Text A 1 1.1 7.4
1.1 H2 Text B 2 2 1
2 H1 Text C 1 2.1 1.1
2.1 H2 Text D 2 3 2

There must be an easier way to show links between processes automatically
(both in a flowchart and in a process interactions table).

Regards
Andrew

Andrew Deutsch - Aramiska, Broadband Reality - Documentation
http://www.aramiska.com, t: +31 (0) 499 365 474; m: +31 (0) 652 026 971
De Waal 40, P.O. Box 989, 5600 AZ Eindhoven, The Netherlands

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com