RE: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files

Subject: RE: MS Visual SourceSafe & binary files
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:00:37 -0500

> the SW dept will complain if I ask if I can check in the 6000+ image files
> (5-10 GB) on their server, since they are used to dealing with text files.

I'll assume that the 6,000 images aren't your own personal "collection".
Will everyone complain less if you have a HD crash and you loose 6,000+
image files?

If they cannot handle the infrastructure for an effort of the magnitude that
requires 6,000 images, then they aren't keeping up with growth and everyone
around the SW department should be complaining about THEM.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com