Re: inserting Word .docs as graphics

Subject: Re: inserting Word .docs as graphics
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:04:13 -0700

> I've been helping a friend on the phone this morning with a perplexing
> problem. She has a set of Word documents that are essentially a set of
> forms and the instructions for using the forms. She has been scanning the
> forms, outputting the scanned documents as graphics, and then importing the
> graphics into the main Word document. >

Is your friend named Brigitte? This problem sounds familiar:

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives/0211/techwhirl-0211-00522.html

She could also try screen-capturing the forms, and inserting them as
graphics. But if you're not careful the text can get mangled.

Has she considered inserting the forms as another SECTION of the document?
Might run into a couple of header/footer challenges, but you'd have far
more control of the appearance and clarity of the forms...

Keith Cronin
People do the darnedest things with Word

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com