Re: MS Manual of Style for Tech Pubs?

Subject: Re: MS Manual of Style for Tech Pubs?
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:13:57 -0800

Joyce Carr <joycecarr1 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Since the Sun Style Guide (Read Me First: A Style
Guide for the Computer Industry) came up in the
context of this conversation, does anyone know if a
new version is due out soon? I want to pick up a copy,
but I noticed its copyright date was 1996. And it also
appears to be out of print.

It is indeed out of print. However, Sun has gotten the
rights back from Prentice Hall. We hope to issue a new
edition in 2003 (that's the best I can do for a date :-> )
It will include additional material such as guidelines for
writing procedures and for writing for online presentation.

-- Janice

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com