RE: inserting Word docs as graphics

Subject: RE: inserting Word docs as graphics
From: "R. Johnson" <rjayz -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:46:25 -0800 (PST)

I think Keith Cronin had it right--if you start in Word and
end in Word, why add additional steps by ouputting it to
something else, which only creates more problems along the
way?

If the forms have already been created in Word, you can
insert them as Word *OBJECTS* into another Word file. This
inserts the ENTIRE page into your new document, while
preserving the integrity of both documents.

Select INSERT->OBJECT->CREATE FROM FILE, then choose the
Word document you want to insert. I've used this technique
dozens of times in Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine, and
have had no problems.

Good luck.

Robin Johnson

>I've been helping a friend on the phone this morning with
>a perplexing
>problem. She has a set of Word documents that are
>essentially a set of
>forms and the instructions for using the forms. She has
>been scanning the
>forms, outputting the scanned documents as graphics, and
>then importing the
>graphics into the main Word document. All of these
>documents have headers
>and footers, and she needs the headers and footers in each

>form to display
>within the headers and footers of the main Word document.

>Any suggestions?
>
>-- Jean

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com