Proof that content is more important than style?

Subject: Proof that content is more important than style?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:05:02 -0500

Andrew Plato reports: <<The "style vs. content" war is hot as ever. I have a
new bomb to drop on this argument: As you know: accuracy is simply the
single most important aspect of any technical manual. Consistency, style,
organization, design, etc. are all important aspects, but still of lesser
importance to accuracy. Thus, given the choice, a writer should always favor
accuracy and completeness over matters of style and structure. >>

As for me, I think you've proved your point countless times over the past 10
years... with your own messages! <gdrlh>

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can
think."--Edwin Schlossberg, designer (1945- )

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com