RE: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT (was Content vs. Style)

Subject: RE: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT (was Content vs. Style)
From: Richard Lippincott <richard -dot- lippincott -at- ae -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:22:41 -0500

Robin Johnson said:

>I think organizations like the STC, and yes, even TECHWR-L
>tend to focus on processes, tools, methodologies, design,
>etc., because those issues are common to everyone in the
>profession. Content varies.

Exactly. Heck, we can't even get the "hardware vs. software" dichotomy under
control here.

My two big work questions recently:

1. Our format has a paragraph layer that is designated by an underlined
digit. (The text in the paragraph is not underlined, just the paragraph
number.) FrameMaker's paragraph designer allows me to turn the number into
an italic ("Emphasis"), but doesn't appear to allow the use of an underline.
How do I solve this problem?

2. On the CF34-8E turbofan engine, the forward frame vibration accelerometer
attaches to an electrical harness. One piece of source data designates the
harness as W9, the other as W13. Which is correct?

Which one of the two above questions is most likely to get answered here?

(Actually, before you jump to the keyboards...I already solved the problem
in #1.)

>I'm curious to know what types of content you all produce?

Maintenance manuals for mid-size and small commercial aircraft jet engines.
Have I ever mentioned that on this list before? (Ducks incoming shower of
vegetables, shoes, and shouts of "Ad nauseum!")

--Rick Lippincott
Lockheed Martin
Saugus, MA

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com