Re: Freelancing

Subject: Re: Freelancing
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:21:37 -0500

Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

Kind of too bad it starts off with a typo, eh? ;)

"Discover is technical writing is right for you, and
if it is, find out how to learn what you need to
know."

Zheesh! Can't take you anywhere, can we <grin>?

Kat Nagel,
who went to lunch with an editor friend today.
At least once a month, we try a new restaurant.
As usual, after we were seated, we each whipped
out our trusty ultra-fine-point markers (hers is
green, mine is purple) and marked up one of the
menus. We handed it back when we gave our orders,
with our two business cards taped to the cover.

No, we've never been thrown out of a restaurant.
No, we haven't gotten any work out of it, yet,
but we *have* gotten several free desserts and a
couple of gift certificates for full meals.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com