Re: Can I Prohibit Printing From A Web Site?

Subject: Re: Can I Prohibit Printing From A Web Site?
From: Holger Gremminger <hgremminger -at- gmx -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:03:22 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

Two ways:

You can use PDF-documents for the site. They can be locked against printing.

Or you can make the background of the pages black and the text white. Then
it is still possible to copy and paste it into Word and print it, but you get
a plain white paper when printing out directly from the webpage.

/Holger

> The problem is that they also want to prohibit even those few who can
> browse the
> site from printing any of the content on the site. So far, my experience
> is that if
> I can browse it, I can "Save As" a copy to my local computer, and I can do
> anything
> I want to that copy.

Holger Gremminger
Translations Ger -> Swe